WHAT IS A NIGHT IN A CAR?
A homelessness simulation that shines a spotlight on the hidden aspect of homelessness that many in our community experience--living in their cars. Participants will "live" out of their cars during the overnight hours. We are challenging participants to raise $1,000 per car.
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THIS EVENT TAKE PLACE?
Friday, February 1st, 2019 at 7 pm. The simulation will take place at Trinity Lutheran Church, 801 South Madison Street, in Bloomington.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
Check out what our past volunteers had to say about participating in 2018. Make an impact and challenge yourself, family, and friends today!
If you have any questions, please contact Home Sweet Home's Donor Relations Coordinator Ashley Souk at 309-828-7356 extension 268.
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
1. No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances.
2. No candles or open flames.
3. Have a full tank of gas.
4. Dress warmly. Bring blankets and flashlights. We will have some blankets available, but participants are advised to bring plenty of blankets and wear extra socks, gloves, and hats.
5. Come inside to warm up as needed.
6. Restrooms and refreshments, including snacks and hot beverages, will be provided throughout the event.
7. Security volunteers will make rounds of the parking lot every 30 minutes.
8. Participants may invite their supporters to spend a portion of the night in their car with them.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR FRIDAY FEBRUARY 1ST, 2019*
Early evening: Community Dinner
7pm: Night In A Car Kick-off.
8pm: Out to cars.
10pm: Come inside for family friendly activities and educational opportunities.
11pm: Back out to cars for the evening.
6am: Come inside for breakfast and recap.
7am: Go Home!
*Schedule is subject to change as event draws near. Please check back later for more updates.
Be joyful in HOPE, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayerRomans 12:12